Tuesday, March 22, 2005

on a tuesday night...

Where G(is that who i am here?) types under the influence of three glasses of wine…

Had my next to last class tonight. By the time I was called on I'd already started into the third glass (a definite no no) and so I had to speak very carefully and thoughtfully in that way in which you are aware of your own voice. NOT good. Tomorrow I will pull out one more segment from my book to send to the class for crucifixion, or not. Still wondering, given the negative response from the professor, why the material was accepted into the class at all. eh. The beauty of that third glass of wine is I really don't give a damn.

The cats are happy that the house is back to normal, in fact Tubby has been overly affectionate today. I indulged the weather and let it coax me out to the patio, fully clothed for a change, to finish my reading today, and he, Tubby the cat, named for his girth and rate of growth, and to contrast his twin sister Buffy, named for entirely different reasons which I am not going into right now… anyway he hated the sun so kept jumping up on the back of my chair and rubbing his head on the bottom which felt rather… strange... if you must know.

Scout, dear Scout, the devoted border collie, woke me from a bad dream last night at 2:30. I used to have bad dreams a lot, then didn't for a few years, mostly because I had a good friend who helped me with the issues that caused them. When he "moved on" they slowly crept back. I must have been pretty agitated to awaken Scout, but not my husband. That ought to raise an eyebrow or two.

I am going to Hawaii this summer with my family to celebrate my birthday. I need to find someone to house sit. Probably ten days. I'm afraid Scout will go mad... she doesn't eat when we leave her a day. sigh.

Ah, a funny story. When I lived in Michigan, I was pretty active in local politics. One of the candidates whose campaign I ran became a good friend. In reality, she liked me much more than I did her… ever notice that women do that? Do men with one another? There is almost always an imbalance in the relationship, who likes whom more…. Anyway, this friend decided to throw me a surprise birthday party. Now I was born on a national holiday, the one that caused my father to declare me a "firecracker without a fuse" at birth… so it's pretty hard both to confuse the date, and to plan a party for the actual date.

So she held the party in mid august. Like the 14th. A fortieth birthday party.

But I was 42.

Yeah it was a good surprise….

I'm avoiding email tonight because that old friend has been sending me off the wall things that I'm hoping he sobers up about and retracts by morning. I'm not in the mood for that shit.

I am sounding a bit harsh tonight huh?

Let's just blame the wine and not worry about it.

Just had to delete a paragraph of bitching that I have promised myself not to include here.

That was close.

I guess it's time to finish up.

I miss the words though. I don't expect that to make sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Test comment, from grayville, aka Michigan. Why the bail from the writing site?