Friday, June 11, 2004

healing

Little by little normalcy is returning, though i do have trouble spots. Picked up a flyer on healing the mind, body and spirit when i was in the Heart Center, and though it was intended, I think, for the patients, it spoke to grief as well... reminding me that when one part of the package is broken, they all tend to fall apart. Which explains why my appetite and libido seem to be absent I suppose.

I addressed it by going to the Y, and trying to de-clutter my living spaces. Seems to me that the clutter absorbs the energy I need from the place right now, and besides it is too hot to be outside and i'm still not focussed enough to attempt work. I need to get back to it though, have an estate plan that i've been putzing around with since April. It deserves more than i have to give right now though, and if i'm not back with it by Monday I'll refer the work out.

The ABA journal ereports today that doctors are considering a policy resolution that allows them to refuse care, except in emergency situations, to plaintiffs lawyers. i'm not a plaintiffs lawyer, but that Niemoller poem comes to mind. First they came for the plaintiffs lawyers. The past three years of Patriot Act, Sarbanes Oxley, etc etc make it hard enough to be a professional. Now we have to worry about medical care? And not just for the lawyers... their families as well. My guess is the AMA won't bite, but adopting such a resolution to illustrate access issues seems to miss the point. Either that or the Legal Aid numbers showing the number of underserved people needing healthy attorneys is over stated.

No comments: