Monday, January 13, 2014

Another start: Robert Brewer's Get Started Write Challenge

I've been playing around with a few other blog sites, but each time I think about "my" blog I come back here. Maybe it's time I quit fooling around and commit to a serious relationship with my blog.  I've not really been consistent since the years when I wrote all the sunrises, and I think fondly of those days.  Problem is, when I read them, I realize that they were kind of boring.

So a couple of weeks ago, while trying to get back into routine, I stumbled over a twitter post from Robert Lee Brewer @robertleebrewer, inviting latecomers to the party of his 2014 Get Started Write Challenge.  I like Robert.  I like his posts. So giving over to my groupie tendencies, especially where writers are concerned, I did exactly that. (here's the link:

Robert posts a challenge a day, and most of the days so far have built on previous days, but they don't have to. I've completed about half of the challenges, and have a quasi commitment to myself to catch up the rest of them. Today's challenge was to write a blog post.

So that's the PSA part of this post, because anyone who's interested in writing can learn from the #gswc and also connect with other writers who are interesting as well.

And because I don't want to get too crazy, and make the post unreadable, I'll leave you with this.

Yes, yes it is a sunrise.  I hope it doesn't bore you.

No comments: